Two Reasons "Upon My House Shall It Begin"

 I had a thought as I was reading in Isaiah this morning. The thought was related to verse 25 in Doctrine and Covenants section 112. Here's that verse, along with a few around it.

"23 Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face.

"24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

"25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

"26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord."

The thought was why will the Lord start with vengeance upon his house?

And then, is there any time between the start and then moving on to the other inhabitants of the earth?

The reality is calamities are happening with apparent increasing frequency all around the earth, and all of them can serve to wake people to a remembrance of the Lord and/or to turn people to the Lord.

But, these verses are referring to the end times, before the Second Coming. Much of Isaiah prophesies of this time. And it should be clarified that "a day" is referring to a short time period. It could be an actual day, but it could a year or a short span of years. My thoughts are the "day" will be several years.

So, back to my thoughts on verse 25.

There are two reasons that "upon my house shall it begin."

First, the Lord is cleaning house. He is cleansing the inner vessel. He wants his people to return to Him, to seek him with full purpose and energy of heart. He knows what is coming and wants as many of His people to be in a position to not just survive but to thrive through the calamities. This cleansing is a mercy, a call to repent and return to God.

How much time will there be from the inner cleansing to the calamities desolating the world? Could be a few weeks, to months, or even years.

I think there will be two times of "upon my house shall it begin." The first will be a warning. It's the call to get things in order. I think this will be the first big earthquake in Utah. I think there will likely be a few years from this one to the really big earthquake.

The first big Utah earthquake will also start a time when other, bigger natural disasters will begin to be more frequent in America.

After some really big quakes along the west coast, I think the really big earthquake in Utah will strike and devastate the Wasatch Front. This will herald the beginning of much worse disasters, earthquakes, volcanoes, etc. There will only be a very short time for people to escape, with very little, before their chance is gone. The vast majority won't. They won't see or believe that more destruction and captivity is following.

The second reason is very much related to the first. Calamities will start upon the Lords house because he wants his people to be ready for the worst that's coming. If they do not repent and return to the Lord, then they will face and be subjected to the same calamities as everyone else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Total Solar Eclipses in 2017 and 2024 for North America

Stretched-forth Necks

Jacob 5 - Who is the Lord of the Vineyard? It may not be who you think.